Countdown to 2k14: 5 Unforgettable Books

2:03 PM

Because we had so much fun doing the Christmas Series, we decided to make another countdown - this time to New Year!

Exciting, huh? :)

With 5 days left today, I will begin the countdown by writing about the 5 best books I read this year and why I liked them so much. The arrangement of these books don't matter - if I put a book in number one, it doesn't mean that it's the best among the five. The order is completely random.

1. Eleanor and Park

When I was younger I didn't like reading love stories, I usually read adventure and mystery books. Eleanor and Park is the reason why I've decided to give love stories a try which is why I put it on number one in my list. I like that this book had two very interesting and relatable characters. They aren't rich or popular. Park is a not-so-tall Korean boy and Eleanor is a poor, 'chubby', and weird red-head. They are very different and yet they go very well together. I wouldn't say that they are opposites but they certainly aren't similar to each other. I loved everything about this book and I will definitely read it again.

2. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares

I have no idea why I like this book, all I know is that I do. Maybe it's because both of the characters are clever, or maybe it's because when Dash and Lily first meet they don't fall in love instantly (though Lily was kinda drunk at the time). I don't know why but I liked it. It's not a book that I would usually read but I'm glad I did.


3. Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe

I don't think it's possible for me to describe how amazing this book is. It's like, how do you even describe something like this? I like the fact that Dante hates shoes, I find it funny. I like that Aristotle would risk his own life for Dante and that Dante seems to care so much about little things, but the thing I like most about this book is the ending. It was perfect, just perfect.

4. The Fault in Our Stars

I love happy endings but this book didn't exactly end happily. So, why am I putting this into the best books I've read this year? It's because the characters are so real, they are so three-dimensional and I love that in books. I actually read this in school during class time and almost got my classmate's copy confiscated (I borrowed it from him) and I finished it in that day too. The ending showed that one of the main characters dies and the other one, well, I think she's gonna die too. I talked to another classmate of mine who had also read the book and I said, "How could they kill him off?", and he said, "I knew you'd like him" and I just laughed. The ending made me sad but I liked the book, anyway.

5. Two Boys Kissing

The narrator of this story isn't one of the characters, it also isn't in the third person narrative. It's told by a chorus of gay men who died of AIDS while they observe the lives of the boys in the story. This story was well-written, kept me entertained until the end, and left me thinking about it long after I had finished reading it. 

So I have finally finished my list and I just realized that all of these books were recommended by my cousin, Kimi. So special thanks to: Kimi, for recommending these books.

-auds 

New Year Countdown: 5 days!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide