Cotton Candy Cupcakes10:33 PM
Today, we decided to make a cupcake that isn't the usual chocolate or vanilla or mocha. Instead, we made COTTON CANDY cupcakes. Sounds sweet and tasty, huh? :)
I wanted to show you how to make these because... They were delicious!!
Let's start with the ingredients.
1. 2 large eggs
2. 2 1/2 cups all -purpose flour
3. 1 1/2 cups sugar
4. 1 teaspoon baking soda
5. 1 teaspoon salt
6. 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
7. 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
8. 1 cup buttermilk
9. 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
10. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
1. 1/2 cup shortening
2. Caster sugar
3. 2 tablespoons fuchsia food coloring
4. 1 teaspoon cotton candy extract
This recipe produces up to 22 cupcakes.
1. Preheat your oven to 320F (160C)
2. Prepare the materials and ingredients
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift together the 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp.cocoa powder
4. In a large bowl, gently beat together the 1 1/2 cups oil, 1 cup buttermilk, 2 eggs, 1 tsp. vinegar, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract with a handheld electric mixer
5. Mix together the dry ingredients (number 3) with the wet ingredients (number 4)
6. Place the batter in the cupcake tins about 2/3 filled
7. Bake in oven for about 20 to 22 minutes
8. Mix together the 1/2 cup shortening, caster sugar, 2 tbsp.fuchsia food coloring, 1 tsp. cotton candy extract for the frosting while the cupcakes bake
9. Get the cupcakes out of the oven and place your desired amount of frosting on it
10. Optional: Put decorations on the cupcake such as sprinkles or, in my case, blue crystal sugar
Et voilà! Your cotton candy cupcake is now finished and ready to be eaten!
Have a delicious day!
- Auds :))