Feature Follow Friday: Books Kimi Wants To Change

10:01 PM

Increase Blog Followers
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

GFCbloglovin

Change the Plot. If you could, what book would you change the ending or a plot thread? Go ahead and do it…change it.

1. Mockingjay - There would be more Peeta than Gale. Finnick would not have died. I think that's it... I'm pretty much satisfied with the story mostly, yeah.

2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Sorry J.K., your HP regrets would have been about who Hermione ends up with, but I'm pretty satisfied with that and have OTHER problems. I would have preferred Fred Weasley to stay alive. Albus Severus should not have been named that way. I don't see how Snape is a 'hero' or 'the bravest man Harry ever knew'. He basically spent most of his time tormenting the child of the woman he loves, and also begged Voldemort to spare Lily but didn't give batshit about Harry or his father. What kind of man is that? He may have been on the good side all this time, but he was a pretty awful character.

3. Allegiant - Not let Tris die. I don't have problems with main characters dying, as long as it is justifiable. However, I couldn't seem to understand why Tris had to die and at the expense of her evil brother too. I just don't see the point of her death. Also, I could be rid of the dual point of views, thank you very much.

4. Twilight - Not let Bella fall in love with a vampire. Not let her get pregnant with said vampire. Not let her give birth to a weird half vampire half human demon baby spawn thing. Not let any werewolves imprint on said baby. Not let that baby thing be named Renesmee. Not let Edward saying "Goodbye my friend, my brother, my son." to Jacob. 

Oh wait, that's basically the whole series. Oops.

---

What would YOU change? I may have been brutally honest with my answers, but I can't help myself sometimes. HEEHEE. 

If you follow our blog, please please let us know in the comments! We will follow back because we just love meeting new bookish people! <3

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Great list! I actually would have preferred more Gale than Peeta in the Hunger Games, but I might be one of the only ones (:

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort - new follower via bloglovin and twitter!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. Yeah, Edward's words to Jacob are a little weird (okay, very weird) but I suppose I can understand it. I'd just get rid of the baby.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with you not a fan either fist bump! :D
    My FFF
    Rimsha@Ramblings of a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, yes. I would change all of those endings, too.

    New follower, btw. :) Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! All the Twilight 4 comments! Totally agree. Jacob wanting to marry a baby or whatever was just too weird. I mean at least wait til she's your age to lust after her. And then say, hey babe, let's legally change your god awful name. Your parents must have been on crack or something!

    Hahaha! Yeah sorry about all that! That whole ending was just whacked! I read the books. Then kind of lost any enjoyment--however little it was--from them once the movies came out. Took me somewhere during movie 2 to be totally over them. I think it was at a "sad" moment, likely with Bella or whatever, and I just wanted to burst out laughing. I sooo knew I was done.

    Allegiant was definitely sad. But I don't really harbor any ill feelings towards it. I think it was once the ending action was amping up, I knew what was coming. Why else would we suddenly have dual point of views?

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower via FF, hai! :3 Harry Potter was my would-change as well (Albus Severus, can you imagine...) - too many weird names and unnecessary pairing-off of literally. everybody. (Also Freeeeeeeeeed.) And I completely agree about Twilight, whoops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New GFC follower.

    Thanks for dropping by Second Run Reviews. I love your comments about Twilight. I hadn't thought about changing it, but I think I have the same problems you stated which means basically rewriting the WHOLE series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny... my FF is Allegiant. I hate that Tris died and would totally change that. However, I was a Gale fan and would have had Katniss end up with him instead of Peeta. New follower via Twitter.
    My FF is here
    http://thebooknerd2013.blogspot.com/2014/02/friday-finds-february-28th.html
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Vicariously! and showing me some love.

    Your rewrites made me laugh. You have such a unique voice. I can't wait to get to know the rest of you :)

    New follower via bloglovin, twitter, and GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choices. Totally agree with the Twilight series. Thank you for stopping by and following. :)

    Old GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well done! Especially the Twilight part, very funny. New follower via Bloglovin'. Thanks for stopping by at FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Raises hands in total agreement - I agree with every single one of your picks and reasons. As much as I loved Harry Potter Book #7, the epilogue felt so... I can't really find the right word... meh?

    P.S. I nominated you guys for the Liebster Blog Award :D For details, click here

    Witless Fool @ Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  13. I kind of agree about Twilight. New GFC follower, old blog lovin follower. Thanks for stopping by & following.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your comments on Twilight! Still laughing . . .

    thanks for stopping by my site. Happy to be a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with all your changes :) Haven't read twilight though. I got discouraged because a lot of people didn't enjoy it :O
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :D
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah Twilight series, couldn't agree more. One thing I remember about the whole Twilight thing is that everyone is really good at staring.
    Thanks for stopping by and I'm following back via bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL Kimi! When I read the Twilight series way back when, I loved it, but now, I just have to agree with you about everything.
    I actually loved Allegiant, even if I cried my eyes out.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice list :) I haven't yet read Allegiant so I kind of just skipped over that bit. Thanks for stopping by and following!

    New Bloglovin' Follower
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. All great choices ;-0

    Jessi

    http://www.thebookcove.com/2014/02/feature-and-follow-12-plot-change-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh, Allegiant. Reading it got me into such a depressive mood. That ending. Urgh!
    Thanks for stopping by. Following you back.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide