Waiting on Wednesdays: Half Bad by Sally Green

9:48 PM


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



WHAT WE'RE WAITING FOR
By: Sally Green
Publication Date: March 4, 2014

In modern-day England, witches live alongside humans: White witches, who are good; Black witches, who are evil; and fifteen-year-old Nathan, who is both. Nathan’s father is the world’s most powerful and cruel Black witch, and his mother is dead. He is hunted from all sides. Trapped in a cage, beaten and handcuffed, Nathan must escape before his sixteenth birthday, at which point he will receive three gifts from his father and come into his own as a witch—or else he will die. But how can Nathan find his father when his every action is tracked, when there is no one safe to trust—not even family, not even the girl he loves?

In the tradition of Patrick Ness and Markus Zusak, Half Bad is a gripping tale of alienation and the indomitable will to survive, a story that will grab hold of you and not let go until the very last page.

WHY WE'RE WAITING

We just can't wait for this! The premise sounds very very interesting, and we hope that this time we'd finally read a good book with witches! 

What are your picks this week? What you waiting on this Wednesday? Tell us below! :)

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. This does sound great! I really like the half good/ half evil concept. Thanks for sharing. Here's my WoW pick. http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/02/waiting-on-wednesday-dont-look-back-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. WITCHES! I love witches! I have to add this to my list!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so amazing. Very intrigued! I've never heard of the author, so I'll be checking it out! Great pick :)
    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this as a pick last week. Good choice, can't wait! Thanks for stepping by and sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Witches! I love witches so I'm definitely going to be checking this one out. A very powerful half good/half evil witch? YES PLEASE!
    Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Half Bad looks great.
    Will definitely be reading this when it releases.
    Happy Wednesday <3

    Here's our WoW
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good one! I have this on my waiting list too! It sounds so intriguing. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!!!! I actually have an ARC for this that I haven't read yet, but can't to pick it up! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    P.S. Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey Lexi! Wow you have an arc? I wish I had one! Hope you enjoy the book and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. AH! Im dying to get my hands on Half Blood! It just sounds so amazing!! Plus the cover is badass!! Fab choice! Have a great rest of the week, ladies!

    xo, Becca
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for this too! It was actually my WoW pick recently lol.

    Thanks for dropping by my WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! This sound good! Never heard of it before. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Mikki @A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick. I'm always on the lookout for good witch books too.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog last week :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide