Top Ten Tuesday REWIND: Top 10 Bookish Confessions

10:51 PM

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This week's topic is our top ten bookish confessions. All of us have confessions when it comes to books. This is a great way for us to

1.  Addicted to the Smell of New Books. 
Well, who isn't? The feeling when you crack open a recently bought book, the smell of the pages, the texture of the cover are just some of the things that we love about books.

2. Never read Classics
We feel kinda bad about this one but it is true. It's hard for us to gain interest in classics. We also find those books a bit heavy and hard to understand. We have wanted to read a classic for a really long time but have never gotten around to reading any.

3. Reading Multiple Books at Once
This is true for all of us. Beryl only does this occasionally but Audrey and Kimi do it all the time. We are really trying hard to break this habit since it hinders us from understanding some parts of the books.

4. Reading in The Bathroom
We do this all the time and we know that a lot of you guys do it too. It's just different reading in the bathroom since it's very quiet and no one can just barge in and disturb you.

5. Reading at 2 am
We love reading at this time since everyone's asleep. You're sure that no one will disturb you.

6. Hate it When Books Become Mainstream
It's one of the things that we really can't stand. We feel like other people are only reading the book since it's already popular.

7. Reading at the Dentist
You know that thing that happens whenever you go to the dentist? The silent waiting where you don't know what to do and can't wait to get out of there? Well, during those times, we just whip out a book and start to read.

8. Judging a Book by Its Cover
We try not to do this but find it impossible not to. The cover is the first thing we see and is a major factor in our choice of books.

9. Reading the Last Page/ Spoiling Ourselves
This is terrible and we know it but we still do it. There are times when we really can't stand the suspense or are dying to know whether the book has a happy ending or not so we end up looking at the last page.

10. Never Dog-ears a Book
We really never do this. We feel like it destroys the books. We also don't highlight or write anything on a book, not even our names (unless it's a school book). We don't fold back the covers and try as much as possible to not read while eating

What's your Top Ten Tuesday? What did you think about ours?

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I'm pretty bad at not reading Classics too. Another one I kinda of shy away from is contemporary/realistic fiction. Great book confessions, thanks for sharing and Thanks for stopping by my blog at BookHangovers Blabs Books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice confessions! Gotta admit I love the smell of new books too. Definitely not much of a classic reader, which definitely made me the odd man out being an English major. I love reading...just not classics. Although during the school years, I did finally find ONE classic that I oh so loved--not Dracula, that doesn't count because I loved that one too!--it was The Count of Monte Cristo. Not sure why I was so drawn to it. Totally weird, but it is what it is.

    And dog-eared book pages?! *Gasps* That's like sacrilegious or something! Like dog-earing the Bible or other religious texts. It's simply NOT done! If I loan books, I make that VERY clear to my friends or family members. Will even offer to loan them a bookmark as well.

    *shuddering at the thought of dog-eared pages* That's the stuff of horror movies...you know for bibliophiles!


    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    My entire hometown is full of Divergent posters as of yesterday. Ugggggggggggggh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. So many great confessions and I have to confess to some of these myself. I love late night reading... sometimes I am up till 5am. I haven't read many classics, I love to read in the bath, I can't dog-ear books and I definitely judge books by their covers. Nice list :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah, yeah! I can't get into classics. I WANT to, but I can't seem to :3

    And man, reading multiple books at once and reading at two am. That's so me. I'm always up late reading a recent addiction, and yet books can't keep my attention long enough most of the time so I end up moving to another book, which may or may not be good. :P

    And judging a book by its cover and never dog earing! That's so me too :D

    Great list, ladies!

    Tori @ YA Book Queens

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, oh man. I am right there with you on those confessions. I actually just started reading multiple books at once so I feel a bit guilty still, but whatever, it's worth it, I think. ALL of these are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm ALWAYS reading more than one book at a time! Right now I'm reading 3 books and listening to 1 audiobook--somehow I'm able to keep them all straight, and no matter what mood I'm in, I've always got a book ready to go!
    Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm actually reading a classic at the moment! Pride and Prejudice. :) It's one of my favorite love stories (I've seen the 2005 movie adaption at least a hundred times), and I realized I just had to read the book! After, I might pick up another Jane Austen book or try my hand at Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I just really enjoy classics because they tend to take place during the Victorian era and that's my favorite era of all time.

    I don't dog-ear my pages either! I think most people don't. I have stickies I keep with me that I can mark a book with. :P I don't do it with all of my books though, just some of them. I get lazy most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these are exactly me :D I feel like it's one of those "if you agree with all of these statements, you're a complete book addict." Great list!

    Witless Fool @ Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love this list! I had a book returned to me once that looked so horrible I almost cried! Needless to say people like that are off my "loan a book to" list FOREVER! **shivers at the thought again** I read in the tub but hate it that I can't take my kindle in there. :/ Fantastic list!

    Kristalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always trying not to, but sometimes I just can't help myself and find my hands flipping through pages and eyes scanning the lines until the very last one. Then I am so disappointed in myself I need to take a break for a day before I can pick the book up again and this time read it the right way, without skipping to the end first.
    Sometimes though I do manage to squish the urge to jump to the last page. Man, do I feel empowered then!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide