Book in Review: Player in Paradise by Rebecca Lewis

11:55 AM

Title: Player in Paradise
Author: Rebecca Lewis
Publication Date: March 1, 2014
Format: ARC
Rating: 2/5 

Olivia, a girl who is living her dream job at PWR group is about to encounter a lot of unexpected events. She was given three rules in her new job, and one of those is that she can't have a relationship with any of her clients. She never thought that a guy as hot as Austin would walk into her life and change it forever. Could she still live up to the rules? How can she resist such a handsome and seductive celebrity? 

Upon reading the synopsis of this book, I was so hooked that I couldn't wait to open my kindle and read it. Sadly, it didn't turn out how I expected it to be. I thought that Austin and Olivia's relationship developed too quickly, and I didn't really feel their love for each other. It seemed as if everything that happened in the book was all surreal. I wasn't able to feel what the characters were feeling, so I couldn't find the book relatable or even enjoyable at the least. The book was clearly well written, but I felt like it needed more emotional pull. Player in Paradise's premise had a lot of potential, but it wasn't able to live up to it.

Despite all those, I loved how the book was very easy to read. That means I can just read it anytime and anywhere. Also, it wasn't stressful or heavy at all which I think is perfect fo times when you just want to relax. I finished this book very quickly and had no trouble reading it. This book was definitely a cliché, but it was still somehow interesting that I couldn't just DNF it. This book showed me that it is not easy to manage any job but all the effort is worth it when you finally get what you were hoping for.

Sadly I cannot give this book more than 2 stars, because I just don't feel passionate about it - not in any positive or negative way. It was just a meh book that I read to pass the time. Nevertheless, I would like to thank the author for providing me with an arc of this book. It was a fun read and I hope that I can see more of her work on the future. I believe that this book and the author have a lot of potential and I do  hope that her talent comes out in her next books. Player in Paradise would be perfect for anyone who is looking for an easy and fun read.

Have you read Plauer in Paradise? What did you think about it? Leave a Comment!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide