{Events} 35th Manila International Book Fair 2014

6:38 PM

Hi guys! Kimi here! I haven't posted anything for a while now, and haven't really been active in the blogging community as well. I've been reaaaally busy with my thesis and college and org work, and my life has been topsy turvy this year! I really really do apologize and I promise that I'll try my best to catch up on my blogging and even reading (I am WAAAAYY behind my reading challenge). And I'd love it if you guys could help me decide which book to read next - please vote on the poll at the end of this post or at the sidebar! :D


Today let's talk about the 35th Manila International Book Fair! This is my 2nd time going to this event so I could consider myself a veteran (Ha,not really).

I was supposed to go to the book fair yesterday, but because of the strong rain, I couldn't get out of the house and was forced to binge watch my anime series instead. This weekend, I was supposed to go to a leadership camp but it got postponed because of the rain yesterday, so fortunately, it opened up my weekend for the book fair! I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to go at all.

I went with my friend, Eirene, who I also went with last year. We got to SMX at around 11:30am, and it was completely jampacked. Since it was our 2nd year, we already knew what to do and immediately roamed around the stalls. Our usual routine is that we'd split up, find books and take whatever we can find, then meet up again and start deciding which books to actually get.

Can you believe it - It took us 4 HOURS before we finally finished buying everything!

These are initially the books that I chose.... I had a really hard time deciding which ones to get!

So I finally present this year's book haul!


I bought a total of 8 books! I tried really hard to control myself and not spend all my savings in one go. Believe me, it's harder than you think.

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson P350.00  P280.00
Landline by Rainbow Rowell P599.00 P479.20

I actually read these two books already! I only have both as ebooks on my Kindle, so I decided to get a hardcopy for both. Amy & Roger's is the kind of book that has lots of roadtrip scraps and memorabilia in between chapters so I really needed a hard copy of it. Landline, on the other hand, I purchased just because I plan on collecting all of Rainbow Rowell's books!

Doll Bones by Holly Black P599 P479.20
Half Bad by Sally Green P520 P416.00

I LOVE HOLLY BLACK! She is seriously one of my favorite authors EVER when it comes to the paranomal genre and I would read anything written by her. This one is middle grade for ages 10-14, but who cares. Half Bad, on the other hand, is a book that I started reading when I was in a bookstore in JFK airport last summer waiting for my flight. I sat there reading it not realizing I was already there for almost an hour until the lady in the counter finally came up to me and politely said "Oh, don't forget to put that back in the shelf when you're done reading." That was probably the nice American way of telling me to piss off, and she probably thought I was a smartass cheeky Asian kid so I put it back in the shelf and left. In an afterthought, I actually realized that I probably should have bought it just to show her that I wasn't that rude, but I was extremely broke that time... so yeah. Anyway, I never really did get to finish that book so I got it today! Hooray!



The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier Clay P680 P544
Wintertown by Stephen Emond P360 P288

YAY more books! I know from my sister that The Amazing Adventures is quite intense, so I just had to read it for myself! And Wintertown won me over with the pretty illustrations inside the book. Heehee, I'm such a sucker for beautiful covers and illustrations!

Doctor Who: Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell P439 P351.20
Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris P315 P252

Everyone knows I'm a big whovian so it's no surprise that I have something Doctor Who related on my haul this year! I had actually planned on buying a different DW book, but it was out of stock so I got this instead! Ten is my favorite Doctor as well, so it makes sense that I got this one. Oh and I got Let's Explore Diabetes for my sister.

Look at this pretty bookmark I got for free! :D I don't normally use bookmarks because I like finishing books in one sitting, or on times that I don't, I have zero problems with remembering the last page I'm at. But since this is super cute, I just have to use it!


So that was my MIBF 2014 experience! Did you go to the book fair as well? What books did you get? Are you going tomorrow (It's the last day!)? What books do you plan to get?

Please please please help me decide which book to read first!



NEXT BOOK TO READ?



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I hope you had a lot of fun! I've yet to read any of Rowell's adult books, but I'm definitely curious. I hope yo enjoy them!

    Jess @ My Reading Dress

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide