GCQ Bucketlist: KIMI

11:39 AM

Julie Murphy, author of Side Effects May Vary has made her very own feature to celebrate the launch of her new book. She has asked some bloggers to make their own bucket list to help celebrate the launch. Since we have the read the book and loved it, we decided to help out. And bucketlists are fun, aren't they? :D

Her book was one of the best books we've read this year and we would like to give our thanks for allowing us to read and review her book by helping her out this time. Her book will be published on March 18, 2014 and we are free to post our bucket list any time between March 11, 2014 to March 17, 2014. We have decided that instead of posting just one bucket list for the whole celebration, we will post one bucket list each day starting from March 11, 2014 and ending on March 17, 2014, the allotted dates for posting the bucket list. 

Check out Audrey's and Beryl's bucketlist.


KIMI'S BUCKET LIST 
1. Get another earpiercing. I love earrings and I don't remember the last time I went out of the house without wearing one. I do want another one, just to see what it feels like. 

2. Meet an alien. If you truly know me, then you would know that I am ADDICTED to science fiction (specifically Doctor Who) and meeting an alien has always been my dream. 

3. I want to work in the media, not sure if film or TV - but I'm leaning more towards TV right now, because I have this idea for a sitcom, something Modern Family-ish, but I want to make it a little more diverse, so the family is this half-Chinese half-something. I don't really know, I'm still working it out.

4. Get published. Whether it's just an article or a book, I want one of my original works to be published in something other than my blog. Even Thought Catalog would do, actually!

5. Meet my favorites. I have a LOT actually. Authors I want to meet: JK Rowling, Rainbow Rowell, Maureen Johnson. Celebrities: Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Kristen Bell, Dylan O Brien, David Tennant, etc.

6. Learn graphic design and web html. I only know a little about this, mostly because of this blog, but I hope to become better at it in the future. I actually plan to purchase a drawing tablet soon!

7. Make more blogs. Right now, Geeky Chiquitas has 2 blogs, this main blog and TV Sweet Potatoes, a TV blog which I decided to create with my sister. I plan to make more in the future, hopefully a web design blog, DIY blog or even a food blog! 

What's on your bucketlist? Tell us below! And don't forget to check out Side Effects May Vary, coming out March 18! You can read our review here.

Title: Side Effects May Vary
Author: Julie Murphy
Publisher: HarperCollins/Balzer + Bray
Publishing Date: March 18, 2014 
What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you? 

When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission.

Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most? 

Julie Murphy’s SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY is a fearless and moving tour de force about love, life, and facing your own mortality.

Julie lives in North Texas with her husband who loves her, her dog who adores her, and her cat who tolerates her. When she's not writing or trying to catch stray cats, she works at an academic library.Side Effects May Vary is Julie's debut novel. Julie can best be found on her website (www.juliemurphywrites.com), tumblr (www.andimjulie.tumblr.com), or twitter (www.twitter.com/andimjulie).

BUY LINKS:
IndieBound: www.indiebound.org/book/9780062245359
B&N: www.barnesandnoble.com/w/side-effects-may-vary-julie-murphy/1115554719?ean=9780062245359
Amazon: www.amazon.com/Side-Effects-Vary-Julie-Murphy/dp/006224535X

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Ah, I would love to meet an alien too, lol! And learn more about web design. I only know basic HTML. I hope you get to do all of these (especially the alien bit), Kimi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES THE ALIEN! I really do hope so. Thanks for stopping by, Aimee! :)

      Delete
  2. MODERN FAMILY! Yes! I think you'd be perfect for TV, Kimi! :)

    On my bucketlist - move out (as soon as possible), get a tattoo, travel the world, publish a book, fall in love, adopt a puppy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all really great goals! :D I've love to get a book published too. The tattoo, I'm not so sure since it seems kinda painful. Haha thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Haha I love the list! I would definitely love to meet some of my inspirations like Miley Cyrus and other authors. Also, I used to have my ears pierced but then I forgot to wear my earrings for like a year, also because they were so hard to upkeep because my ears kept getting infected so they grew back and now I don't have a single hole D: And with sports it's SO hard to find a time to get them repierced because I'd have to keep taking them out to play. Anywho, I love your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! And I plan to get another piercing actually, and if I don't like it I guess I could just leave it.

      Delete

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide